- Communicating Risks Associated with Psychiatric Drugs To the Public
- What People Need to Know About Psychiatric Drugs (Revised 2009)
Communicating Risks Associated with Psychiatric Drugs To the Public
by E Daisy Anderson
This publication was presented to Health Canada Expert Advisory Committee on the Vigilance of Health Products on December 9, 2008 for Psychiatric Medication Awareness Group.
From the Introduction
Our information and recommendations are based on research and what we have learned from those impacted by psychiatric drugs. Many of the issues surrounding psychotropics may also apply to other medications.
It is [e]stimated that adverse medication reactions kill 1800 Canadians a year. Canadians would not tolerate 12 airplanes crashing out of the sky, each time killing 150 people. So, why put up with so many deaths from adverse reactions? That is why this consultation is so important.
Download the Presentation in PDF Format
You can download the presentation in PDF format (PDF–24KB).
What People Need to Know About Psychiatric Drugs
by E. Daisy Anderson, M.S., and Janet Currie, M.S.W., 2005 (revised 2009)
Table of Contents
- What this Booklet is About
- Why People Might be Prescribed a Psychiatric Drug
- How Do People Know What They’re Taking?
- Drug Classes
- Being Informed
- The Power of Hope
- How People Can Help Themselves
- Other Prescription Drugs that Can Cause Mental and Emotional Problems
- More Information
How to Order the Booklet
1. Order the Booklet by Postal Mail
to place an order or for more information about ordering, or contact the postal address below. Or send $8.00 CAD (or equivalent) per booklet by cheque or money order to the postal address below. Allow four weeks for delivery. For faster service, please pay by certified cheque or money order. We ship to anywhere in the world.
If ordering more than 10 copies a reduced price can be arranged. Please contact for details.
2. Payment by Cheque or Money Order
Please make your cheque or money order payable to “Psychiatric Medication Awareness Group” or “PMAG” and send to:
- Psychiatric Medication Awareness Group
- c/o Tim Roberts and Associates Consulting
- 6 - 701 Esquimalt Road
- Victoria, British Columbia V9A 3L5
3. Payment by PayPal
You can order booklets and pay by PayPal.
your order, including the number of booklets desired and your shipping address. We will in turn send you a PayPal Money Request for the appropriate amount, including shipping.
To make a donation for use of the booklet, go to the PayPal site. Click on the Send Money tab, and send your donation to the following address: .
Download the Booklet in PDF Format
You can download the booklet in PDF format (PDF–290KB).
Note: The PDF version is for individual, non-commercial, single-use only.
- It is not intended for free use by non-profit organizations, schools, charities, churches, government agencies or for-profit organizations or companies.
- Downloading the PDF booklet for institutional, organizational or for-profit use is strictly prohibited, other than a single copy for review.
- To arrange for hard-copy or bulk orders for such organizations, please contact us.
Credit of authorship must be given if you copy the booklet, and the booklet must be distributed free of charge.
Consider a Small Donation or Payment to PMAG
While PMAG makes this booklet available for download, we rely on payments and donations to publish it and to run this website.
If you use the booklet and find it helpful, please consider making a small donation or payment to PMAG.
Updated May 29, 2018